If you are the parent of a child who has been recently diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, you’ve come to the right place. We have been helping children and families affected by Cerebral Palsy for more than 30 years. We understand the love you have for your child, and the fear you may experience, worrying about your ability to provide your child with the best life possible.
We know the hardships you face. You may be raising your family alone. You may be struggling to balance the endless challenges of work demands, financial responsibilities, family schedules and meaningful personal time. You are not alone. The Cerebral Palsy community is immense and diverse, encompassing individuals from all walks of life with extraordinary personal journeys and unique hurdles.
Stern Law, PLLC is committed to providing families touched by Cerebral Palsy with a comprehensive legal resource to answer the important questions: How did this happen, and what do I do now? Below are links to help you begin to answer those questions and gather other crucial information related to your child’s condition and legal rights. If you would like to speak with someone right away, please call Stern Law, PLLC now at (800)462-5772.
Life with a Child with Cerebral Palsy
Raising a child with Cerebral Palsy isn’t easy. Beyond the challenges faced by your child, as a parent, you can experience a flood of emotions, such as confusion, anger and isolation. You may feel lost and at times you may feel as though you have been pushed to your limits. However, with the right tools and support, you can help your child get the care he or she needs. You can help yourself by:
- Learning everything you can: The more you know about your child’s condition and opportunities, the better you both will be. This website is a great place for you to start learning about Cerebral Palsy and your child’s legal rights.
- Building a support system: Cerebralpalsy.org is a valuable resource for finding information, inspiration and community-based organizations to help you interact with other parents who are going through similar experiences and challenges.
- Understanding the cause of your child’s condition: If your child’s condition was preventable, and caused by errors on the part of your doctor or medical provider at some point during your pregnancy, delivery or post-birth care, your child may be eligible for Lifetime Benefits. These are funds set aside to cover expenses related to your child’s needs, such as medical treatments, assistive equipment, home and vehicle modifications, education costs and daily living expenses.
- Acting quickly: Time is of the essence following a Cerebral Palsy diagnosis, not only for the sake of early intervention, but for the pursuit of compensation for a preventable birth injury. Requesting a Medical Legal Review is crucial for determining whether your child’s Cerebral Palsy was the result of medical malpractice, thus making your child eligible for Lifetime Benefits. The statute of limitations for birth injury lawsuits varies from state to state, a Cerebral Palsy birth injury attorney can help you begin the process of a Medical legal Review and determine the statute of limitations in your state.
At Stern Law, PLLC, our mission is to provide unparalleled legal services to children and their families affected by medical malpractice. We focus on the following types of litigation:
- Medical malpractice litigation
- Birth injury litigation
- Brain injury litigation
- Educational advocacy
- Estate planning
Cerebral Palsy costs a family in many ways, physically, emotionally and financially. Below are some important resources to help you understand some of your family’s financial options for the challenges of today and the inevitable time when you are no longer able to help.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Child Eligibility
- Adult Eligibility
- Special Needs Trusts
- Trust, Estate and Probate Law
As a parent of a child with Cerebral Palsy, you have many birth injury questions, certainly more than can be answered on this page. We invite you to explore the robust collection of information on our comprehensive Resources page.
If you would like to learn more about any of the information on our website, or to request a free Medical Legal Review that can determine whether your child qualifies for Lifetime Benefits from our Cerebral Palsy birth injury attorney, please contact Stern Law, PLLC today by completing the form on this page or calling (800)462-5772.